Paper stocks are beautiful and deliver a unique customer experience. They can help elevate your label and provide a different visual and tactile effect (and, depending on the selection, they can be a cheaper option). Personally, we think they’re super underrated. What’s not to love?
So, using paper! There are a few limitations to keep in mind and even more recommendations, let's dive in with a list (because you know we love a good list)!
What ARE PAPER LABELS good for?
- Embossing and debossing: Looking to jazz up your paper label? Look no further. Embossing and debossing is a fun embellishment that uses paper stocks for the best results.
- Anti-tamper/tearability: If you’re looking for something with a bit more give or your customer needs to be able to rip through your label, our semi-gloss paper is a solid option.
- Waterproofing: The main limitation with a paper stock is related to habitat. As you can guess, paper is not made for wet applications.
- Colour Consistency: Colour limitations--be cautious of your whites and rich black.
- Peel backs: It’s also worth noting that you cannot do peel backs if using a paper stock.
- Classic Crest Solar White Felt
- Classic Crest Solar White
- Envi PCW 100
- 60# Estate Label #4 White Laid
Pricing Out Paper
Here’s the down-low, semi-gloss paper is the least expensive option out of the materials listed above. But the cost of your label order may vary depending on the size of your labels, if embellishments are present, your liner, and the finish you choose. It’s like one of those customized burgers! It’s all about how much you add, what you like, and what looks good to you. For a more accurate quote, contact us to get your personalized estimate.
Now that you’ve gotten a little more paper stock knowledge under your belt, let’s look at those that use it best! May these examples serve as inspiration and examples of what you can achieve with paper stocks. So, read on label lovers to see the beauty.
Take inspiration from Bespoke’s elegant custom-shaped Virtue Vodka label, which combines both High build and foil stamping. The end result is a beautifully crafted, textured paper label that elevates their artisan vodka.
Lake & Oak
Lake and Oak spotlight the beauty of simplicity and combines a simple design with our Bright White felt stock.
Now that you've gotten a taste of paper, are you ready to dive in? For any questions or to get your label order started, reach out to one of our label solutions specialists. We'd love to help you get started on your label journey or even potentially try a new stock (or two)!