Sustainable label stocks have leapt forward recently and Ocean Action takes eco-friendly labels to the next level.
Addressing ocean waste is a cause that’s near and dear to many of our hearts — but from a business perspective, sustainability isn’t always as simple as we might hope.
Enter, Ocean Action. As you swim through this article, you’ll find tons of great info on our newest sustainable label stock (that performs identically to traditional fossil-based materials).
WHAT MAKES OCEAN ACTION SO SPECIAL?
Unlike the eco-friendly label materials of years past, Ocean Action has all the same qualities as white BOPP.
Skeptical? That’s okay. Here’s a quick rundown of what makes Ocean Action so unique among sustainable stocks.
- It’s waterproof.
- It’s oil-resistant.
- It’s durable.
- You can use it for peel-back labels, too.
Interested? We were, too. So we did some research on what makes Ocean Action a sustainable label material, that’s up next.
HOW CAN A LABEL BE GOOD FOR THE OCEAN?
It’s no secret that our oceans are being overrun with plastic waste. Thousands of tonnes of discarded plastic harms sea life, eventually becoming microplastics that are ingested by marine creatures, and ending up in our food chain.
Ocean Action is made from plastic waste that’s collected from coastlines and the shores of waterways, meaning that it was very likely to be washed into our seas by tides, rainwater, or tributaries.
After it’s scooped up, what would have become harmful ocean waste undergoes an innovative processing method.
Long story short, the result is a label stock that performs just like the standard white BOPP we know and love while giving some much-needed love to the world’s oceans.
ARE THERE ANY LIMITATIONS TO OCEAN ACTION?
Ocean Action is a drop-in solution with exactly the same properties and performance as traditionally manufactured fossil-based white BOPP.
Here are just some of the key things you can do with Ocean Action:
- Use embellishments. Sky’s the limit (or maybe the ocean floor, in this case). Foil stamping, spot gloss, high-build UV gloss — it’s game on.
- Create custom shapes. We love the impact that custom dyes have on a product, and you can swap Ocean Action in for your white BOPP label stock with no additional setup fees.
- Get creative with variable data printing. So many options! Curious about VDP? Head over here for more details (and photos).
- Multiply your design space with extended content labels. If you’re working with a small product, or need extra space for regulatory info, peel-backs are the way to go.
- Appeal to eco-conscious customers by adding a callout on your labels. We’ve made it extra easy by creating a (free!) vector icon that we’ll supply for you to use.
What's not to love about Ocean Action? Coming up with something not to adore about a drop-in sustainable alternative to standard white BOPP is a head-scratcher — in the best way.
Have questions or want more details about Ocean Action or our other sustainable stocks? No problem.